Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Daniel Carvalho <da...@hotmail.com> on 2000/02/16 19:51:10 UTC

Tomcat 3 -> JDBC -> Oracle 8

Hi,

Im trying to run a servlet that connect with Oracle 8 via JDBC (thin
version).

When I run this servlet many error messages appear in the Tomcat 3 window
(im using Win95), but I can't see all messages. How can I do to read all
error messages, the tomcat have a log file??

The Tomcat work with JDBC connections?

I need the Apache HTTP Server instaled to run correctly the Tomcat?

Where is used the port 8007?? What this port do?

Thanks!!!

Daniel Carvalho

Re: Tomcat 3 -> JDBC -> Oracle 8

Posted by Manik Surtani <ma...@espadanet.com>.
Hi,

I use Tomcat 3.0 + Oracle 8.1.5 + Oracle JDBC drivers.

I run all these on a Linux server.  Works like a dream!

I've even used *both* oracle JDBC drivers (classes111.zip - JDBC1.0) and
(classes12.zip - JDBC 2.0 - which comes with Oracle 8.1.6).

Sorry, I can't help much on Windows, though ......

Daniel Carvalho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to run a servlet that connect with Oracle 8 via JDBC (thin
> version).
>
> When I run this servlet many error messages appear in the Tomcat 3 window
> (im using Win95), but I can't see all messages. How can I do to read all
> error messages, the tomcat have a log file??
>
> The Tomcat work with JDBC connections?
>
> I need the Apache HTTP Server instaled to run correctly the Tomcat?
>
> Where is used the port 8007?? What this port do?
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Daniel Carvalho

Manik Surtani
Chief Technology Officer