Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raj Mettai <rm...@broward.edu> on 2002/09/12 21:08:35 UTC

RE: Apache2 and Tomcat4 on different boxes using mod_ssl connector....

Hi John,

I have copied the mod_jk.conf  over to apache box (actually copied all
code to the end of httpd.conf). Also, copied workers.properties onto
apache box and modified the host on workers.properties to FQDN of
tomcat. After all these, when I access the page from apache box, I am
getting 400 - Bad request error. Also, nothing is written to either
apache or tomcat logs. I am attaching both, httpd.conf and server.xml
files and also workers.properties...can you give me any suggestions on
this please...........

thanks a lot....

-Raj

>>> JTurner@AAS.com 09/06/02 08:27AM >>>

You don't, as far as I know.  You will need mod_jk.conf on the Apache
box.
In addition, you will need to change the "host" value in
workers.properties
to point to the FQDN of the machine hosting Tomcat.

I guess you could always set up some sort of NFS share, and share out a
location on the Tomcat server so that the Apache server can see it, but
the
simplest way is to start Tomcat, let it generate mod_jk.conf, and then
just
copy it over to the Apache box and HUP Apache.

John

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>