Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by "Karaivanov, Dimitar" <Di...@softwareag.com> on 2012/08/17 08:19:54 UTC

Installation Guide

Hello there,

I think you should update your installation guide, because I lost two
days trying to install the product on Ubuntu and CentOS, but it didn't
work. You can refer this article for the ruby installation part:

http://lenni.info/blog/2012/05/installing-ruby-1-9-3-on-ubuntu-12-04-pre
cise-pengolin/

Cheers,
Dimitar

Re: Installation Guide

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
Hi Ditimar,

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 08:19 +0200, Karaivanov, Dimitar wrote:
> I think you should update your installation guide, because I lost two
> days trying to install the product on Ubuntu and CentOS, but it didn't
> work. You can refer this article for the ruby installation part:
>
> http://lenni.info/blog/2012/05/installing-ruby-1-9-3-on-ubuntu-12-04-pre
> cise-pengolin/

What's the Deltacloud specific problems you ran into ? Deltacloud works
perfectly fine with Ruby 1.8.7, so there's no need to update your Ruby
just because of Deltacloud.

David