Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos Martins <ca...@pararede.com> on 2002/03/27 11:01:35 UTC

can Tomcat call classes in JARs?

Re: can Tomcat call classes in JARs?

Posted by Amine AMAR <a....@dns1.caciopee.com>.
can Tomcat call classes in JARs?You need to put your jar file in the WEB-INF/lib folder

Amine

Look at this document (Was Re: can Tomcat call classes in JARs?)

Posted by Sriram N <sr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Carlos Martins <ca...@pararede.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to have tomcat call servlets that are included in a jar file
> rather than simple class files located in the WEB-INF/classes folder?
> > I'm trying this, by placing the jar file with the classes in that folder,
> but tomcat does not see to be able to find them...
> > Is there any special configuration that i'm missing?

Have you placed these jars in the WEB-INF/lib folder ?

Visit http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/deployment.html
for more information.