Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <hd...@anzix.net> on 2017/12/15 15:02:49 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] 0.2-alpha release

I would like to bump this thread up.

What do we need for a new release?

As I see we have 5 patch available tasks:

- the ratis site is unrelated but I prefer to publish it soon
- I created two release releated one: RATIS-173/RATIS-174 (create binary
release artifact/ignore some javadoc warnings).
- 2 other: RATIS-140/RATIS-160

Question: Do you see any other outstanding issue which should be
included in a release?

I propose to wait for the merge of these tasks and create a 0.2.0
release after that.

I would be happy to go through on the mechanical part of releasing
process (and document all the required steps for the next releases)

Marton

Re: [DISCUSS] 0.2-alpha release

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
That's great if you like to be the release manager. Thanks!

If we want to include binary release, we must update NOTICE.txt to
include all the third-party works bundled in the binary.  See
- http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#licensing-documentation
- http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

Nicholas