Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Sloan, Noah M" <No...@baylor.edu> on 2005/11/04 21:20:28 UTC

panelTabbedPane & h:commandLink problem

I believe that it is a known problem that panelTabbedPane will break any commandLinks found inside the tabs. It's because that bloody 'autoform' gets generated around the tabs AND their content.
What I want to know is,  has anyone modified panelTabbedPane to only wrap the form around the clickable top part of the tab?  It seems like that would solve the problem, since the content of the tabs wouldn't be wrapped in the autoform anymore.

I saw this mentioned in the mailing list back in April; is there really not a fix yet?

AW: panelTabbedPane & h:commandLink problem

Posted by Matthias Kahlau <mk...@web.de>.
Hi!

I use a t:panelTabbedPane:

      <h:form>
        <t:panelTabbedPane  selectedIndex="0">

          <t:panelTab label="Eigene Umfragen" id="tab1">
            <%@ include file="EigeneUmfragenTab.jspf" %>
          </t:panelTab>

The tab content that is included and I have the problem with is shown below:
(Without the panelGrid containing the selectOneMenus, all works fine, but
with them, commandLinks in dataTable and dataScroller doesn't work.)

  <h:panelGrid columns="2">
    <h:column>
      <h:selectOneMenu value="#{UmfrageBacking.currentUmfragetyp}"
        valueChangeListener="#{UmfrageBacking.adjustInterfaceControls}"
        immediate="true">
        <f:selectItems value="#{UmfrageBacking.umfragetypen}" />
      </h:selectOneMenu>
    </h:column>
    <h:column>
      <h:selectOneMenu value="#{UmfrageBacking.currentUmfragezustand}"
        valueChangeListener="#{UmfrageBacking.adjustInterfaceControls}"
       	immediate="true">
        <f:selectItems value="#{UmfrageBacking.umfragezustaende}" />
      </h:selectOneMenu>
    </h:column>
  </h:panelGrid>

  <t:dataTable id="dataTable"
    value="#{UmfrageBacking.umfragen}"
    var="row"
    rows="10"
    renderedIfEmpty="true"
    preserveDataModel="false"
    preserveSort="true"
    sortColumn="#{UmfrageBacking.sortColumn}"
    sortAscending="#{UmfrageBacking.sortAscending}"
    styleClass=""
    headerClass=""
    footerClass=""
    rowClasses=""
    columnClasses=""
    rowOnMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#A5CBFF'"
    rowOnMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFFFE0'"
    rowOnClick="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFE0E0'"
    rowOnDblClick="this.style.backgroundColor='#E0E0E0'"
    width="700">
    <t:column>
      <f:facet name="header">
        <t:commandSortHeader
          columnName="#{UmfrageBacking.colName_Bezeichnung}"
          arrow="true">
          <h:outputText
            value="#{UmfrageBacking.colName_Bezeichnung}"/>
        </t:commandSortHeader>
      </f:facet>
      <h:commandLink action="#{UmfrageBacking.editUmfrage}">
        <h:outputText value="#{row.bezeichnung}"/>
      </h:commandLink>
    </t:column>
.... (some more columns without commandLinks)
</t:dataTable>

 <h:panelGrid columns="2" styleClass="" columnClasses="">
    <t:column>
      <t:dataScroller id="scroll_1" for="dataTable"
</h:panelGrid>

--------
Regards,
Matthias