Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2011/11/22 13:30:15 UTC

Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

As part of the preparation for the charter, we need to establish who wants to be an initial member of the Apache ACE project. Our current team is listed on our website (http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html) but I would like to use this moment to ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute to ACE after its graduation. Also, I would like to propose that our whole current team becomes part of the PMC. WDYT?

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Brian,

On Nov 22, 2011, at 22:54 PM, Brian Topping wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2011, at 7:30 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>
>> As part of the preparation for the charter, we need to establish who wants to be an initial member of the Apache ACE project. Our current team is listed on our website (http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html) but I would like to use this moment to ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute to ACE after its graduation. Also, I would like to propose that our whole current team becomes part of the PMC. WDYT?
>
> +1 for Marcel's proposal
> +1 for Marcel as PMC Chair
>
> I'd like to do more than I have, it just took a lot longer than I imagined to clear up time and get on board with prerequisites.  So I'll leave it up to the PMC to decide whether I continue as a committer for now or reapply in the future.

I'd say it's entirely up to you. Feel free to stay on board if you feel you will have the spare cycles in the future to contribute again. Your insights, as always, are more than welcome.

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
On Nov 22, 2011, at 7:30 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:

> As part of the preparation for the charter, we need to establish who wants to be an initial member of the Apache ACE project. Our current team is listed on our website (http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html) but I would like to use this moment to ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute to ACE after its graduation. Also, I would like to propose that our whole current team becomes part of the PMC. WDYT?

+1 for Marcel's proposal
+1 for Marcel as PMC Chair

I'd like to do more than I have, it just took a lot longer than I imagined to clear up time and get on board with prerequisites.  So I'll leave it up to the PMC to decide whether I continue as a committer for now or reapply in the future.

Cheers, Brian

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hi ace-dev,

not on the team, so a non binding +1, but happy user. I'll be lurking
around the mailing lists for sure :)

Congratulations to all!

grz
Bram

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Felix,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi JB,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>... as reminder, PMC is not a leader position, and it's not necessary linked to
> contributions (even if it's mostly the case ;))....

IMO, being a member of the PMC does have some leadership value, as
only votes of the PMC members are binding.

Of course, PMC members are expected to listen to their community in
their decisions, but in the end it's the PMC members who make
decisions.

-Bertrand

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's an administrative position "in relationship with the Apache board" ;)

Regards
JB

>>> http://twitter.com/karlpauls
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/karlpauls

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by mv...@comcast.net.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Přemek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>.
Hello all,

it's great to see ACE graduating. A non-binding +1 to both proposals
and a Good Luck to Marcel from a tiny group observing ACE through a
tiny research agenda related to it.

Premek

On 22 November 2011 13:34, Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Furthermore, we need a chair. I like to nominate Marcel Offermans.
>
> Hence,
>
> +1 for Marcel's proposal and
> +1 for Marcel as chair
>
> regards,
>
> karl
>
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Marcel Offermans
> <ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> As part of the preparation for the charter, we need to establish who wants to be an initial member of the Apache ACE project. Our current team is listed on our website (http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html) but I would like to use this moment to ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute to ACE after its graduation. Also, I would like to propose that our whole current team becomes part of the PMC. WDYT?
>>
>> Greetings, Marcel
>

> --
> Karl Pauls
> karlpauls@gmail.com
> http://twitter.com/karlpauls
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/karlpauls
> https://profiles.google.com/karlpauls

--
Premek Brada (Ing et MSc, PhD)
  Head of Software Engineering and Information Systems Section

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Regards,

Clement

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
+1 on both.
Furthermore, i would like to continue (uhmm.. omit the last & unimportant x
months ;) to contribute to the project.

Toni

Toni Menzel Source <http://tonimenzel.com>

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I second Karl on that:

+1 for Marcel's proposal
+1 for Marcel as PMC Chair

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Christian <cv...@x90.nl>.
On 11/22/2011 1:42 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> 2011/11/22 Karl Pauls<ka...@gmail.com>:
>> Furthermore, we need a chair. I like to nominate Marcel Offermans.
>>
>> Hence,
>>
>> +1 for Marcel's proposal and
>> +1 for Marcel as chair
> +1
>
> And yes this is a good time to "clean up" the committers list.
>
> I would like to continue with this project :)
>
> Regards
> Carsten

+1
Also, I won't be involved in the foreseeable future, remove at will.

Christian van Spaandonk

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Koelewijn <de...@gmail.com>.
I'm not on that list, but I still wanted to say that, time permitting, I
want to do some more contributions in the future.

Greetz, Denis

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 13:30, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> ...Our current team is listed on our website (http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html)
> but I would like to use this moment to ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute
> to ACE after its graduation...

I didn't contribute beyond my mentoring duties, so you can remove my
name. It's those 24-hours days ;-)

+1 for Marcel as the initial PMC chair!

-Bertrand

Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Mike,

That definitely makes sense, and use cases like this are exactly why ACE was built. Thanks for sharing this and welcome on board!

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Mike,