Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Chris Teoh <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 23:37:54 UTC

Hive unit testing in other projects

Hi folks,

I'm working on a Sqoop patch that imports to Hive and am wondering what's
the easiest way to incorporate a unit test that uses a mini Hive server
without requiring a full dependency on Hive project?

Kind Regards
Chris

Re: Hive unit testing in other projects

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am interested in this as well, we have Hive processors (in Apache
NiFi) but have been using Derby to test the processor logic (not
necessarily the interaction with Hive). With an embedded/small Hive it
would be an integration test but still would help a great deal to iron
out bugs.

Regards,
Matt