Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by mayankeagle <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/24 17:19:39 UTC

CXF REST service without Spring

Hi,

I'm just trying out a REST web-service in CXF without using Spring. As per
the documentation, I need to register CustomInInterceptor and
CustomOutInterceptor. However, in the CXF 2.6.1 install, I could not find
these 2 classes in any of the JAR files. Hence, the CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet
is throwing a ClassNotFoundException and not getting initialized.

Any help would be appreciated - please let me know where can I find these
jars.

Thanks,
Mayank.

Re: CXF REST service without Spring

Posted by mayankeagle <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, had gotten it to work. Sorry about the delay in responding.

Re: CXF REST service without Spring

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 10/07/12 08:11, mayankeagle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No I'm not using Maven/ Ant. I'm just developing a web project in Eclipse
> and have added the CXF JARs to it. I'm trying to create a simple REST web
> service using CXF and without using Spring. I'm not sure what values to
> provide for the interceptors as the values provided in the example don't
> seem to work.

Are you referring to the interceptor values in this section:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxrs-services-configuration.html#JAXRSServicesConfiguration-ConfiguringJAXRSservicesincontainerwithoutSpring
?

Those values are only used to show how various parameters can be set up,
you need to have your own custom interceptor classes if really needed.

For a simple service, you only need to set a "jaxrs.serviceClasses"
parameter

Cheers, Sergey

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: CXF REST service without Spring

Posted by kdesin <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mayank,

If you are using Maven/Ant,kindly make sure the below mentioned classes are
on your classpath.

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/a-simple-jax-ws-service.html#AsimpleJAX-WSservice-Settingupyourbuild

Saludos

Kartheek