Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/07/15 13:24:39 UTC

[cli] 1.0.1 release

Hi,

As there was general agreement on getting a 1.0.1 out I have gone ahead
and created a branch based on the CLI_1_0 tag. I have then committed
some build updates in that branch (mostly by copying from Digester).

Unfortunately there's something weird going on with maven's
site-building. The menus are missing bits, and the style is all wrong
(perhaps it's defaulting to the standard maven style or something).

It's the old maven story: when it works well, it's wonderful. When it
doesn't work, it's a mystery. I'll try again tomorrow if someone doesn't
beat me to it.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [cli] 1.0.1 release

Posted by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org>.
Thanks for this Simon,

Things have been a bit hectic this week so I haven't been able to keep
up with things.  I should be able to be more help next week if there are
still issues.

Cheers,

Rob

Re: [cli] 1.0.1 release

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 20:14 +0200, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Here are the promised patches. The fixes are as follows:
>
> - Fixes the copy-and-paste errors that I mentioned earlier
> - Adds properties to get the correct look-and-feel for the site
> - Adds the correct logo [1]
> - Removes duplicate gumpRepositoryId
> - Removes illegal id element in contributor (Berin Loritsch)
> - Does no longer exclude CVS files (we're in svn now)
>
> [1] To get the logo to work the image itself has to be checked in.
> Download it from http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/images/logo.png
> and check it into cli/branches/CLI_1_0_1_prepare/xdocs/images with the
> name logo.png.

Thanks very much Dennis. I don't know how I missed those
project.properties settings; have to blame it on the late hour.

The provided patches are committed and everything looks good now.
I'll build an RC later today.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [cli] 1.0.1 release

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [cli] 1.0.1 release

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.
Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As there was general agreement on getting a 1.0.1 out I have gone ahead
> and created a branch based on the CLI_1_0 tag. I have then committed
> some build updates in that branch (mostly by copying from Digester).
>
> Unfortunately there's something weird going on with maven's
> site-building. The menus are missing bits, and the style is all wrong
> (perhaps it's defaulting to the standard maven style or something).

You can't compare the old CLI site with the one that get generated by
Maven now. The templates for the menus in ../commons-build/ have changed
since the old CLI site was published. It seems to me that the menu items
defined in navigation.xml work as expected and show up in the menu.

I've got the look-and-feel problem sorted out. You need to add some
lines to the project.properties file for it to look right. I'll look
over it some more and get back with patches.

> It's the old maven story: when it works well, it's wonderful. When it
> doesn't work, it's a mystery. I'll try again tomorrow if someone doesn't
> beat me to it.

It seems that most people shy away from using "extend" in project.xml
for commons projects. There may be reasons for this, I have not used it
much myself, so I wouldn't know. In the mean time, I think we need some
kind of template project.xml/project.properties that commons projects
can copy and paste from, preferably well documented.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [cli] 1.0.1 release

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.
Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As there was general agreement on getting a 1.0.1 out I have gone ahead
> and created a branch based on the CLI_1_0 tag. I have then committed
> some build updates in that branch (mostly by copying from Digester).
>
> Unfortunately there's something weird going on with maven's
> site-building. The menus are missing bits, and the style is all wrong
> (perhaps it's defaulting to the standard maven style or something).
>
> It's the old maven story: when it works well, it's wonderful. When it
> doesn't work, it's a mystery. I'll try again tomorrow if someone doesn't
> beat me to it.

What bits are missing from the menus?

Can you give a URL that has the look-and-feel you want? The files on
your new branch in svn seems to generate pages with the standard Maven
look-and-feel.

Are you using the standard Maven 1.0.2 release, without any updated plugins?

If you send me your output from "maven -X site" I can try to see if I
can find out what's wrong.

--
Dennis Lundberg