Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by 麦树荣 <sh...@qunar.com> on 2013/05/24 11:27:51 UTC

how to stop the specified client computer OS to connect hadoop using super user

hi, all

Our hadoop is started by user "hadoop",and the user "hadoop" is super user.
Therefore, the hadoop client from other computer can manipulate HDFS using super user "hadoop" as long as the client computer OS has the user "hadoop".

Are there any idea to stop the specified client computer OS to connect hadoop using super user if we don't use Kerberos ?

麦树荣

RE: how to stop the specified client computer OS to connect hadoop using super user

Posted by zangxiangyu <za...@qiyi.com>.
Hi.

why not try iptablesJ ,which in fact with no relation with hadoop. Add all
hadoop nodes and client in whitelist,add XX to blacklist if only  as you
will “ stop the specified client computer OS to connect hadoop”,simply
create one iptable rule.

For long time planning,Kerberos is a must.