Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2016/06/09 01:59:17 UTC

Release 1.2 preps

Hey guys.

Olaf has raised this question on IRC, so I am moving it here for the benefit
of those who aren't on IRC ;)

Looks like we're generally ready for the next release with a few major updates
still in the way:
 - a need(?) to bump Spark to 1.6.x
 - same with bumping Hive to 2.0.1(?) and, potentially, Tez
 - perhaps it is a good time for HBase bump to 1.x line?

Anything else I am forgetting?

I guess other then that and a few minor issue here and there we should be in a
good shape to make the release in the next month or so. As usual, I would like
to call for a an RM for this release. I am not sure if I'd have cycles this
time around. Besides, it'd be great for someone else to learn how to make our
releases.

Thoughts?
  Cos

Re: Release 1.2 preps

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> Olaf has raised this question on IRC, so I am moving it here for the benefit
> of those who aren't on IRC ;)
>
> Looks like we're generally ready for the next release with a few major updates
> still in the way:
>  - a need(?) to bump Spark to 1.6.x
>  - same with bumping Hive to 2.0.1(?) and, potentially, Tez
>  - perhaps it is a good time for HBase bump to 1.x line?
>
> Anything else I am forgetting?
>
> I guess other then that and a few minor issue here and there we should be in a
> good shape to make the release in the next month or so. As usual, I would like
> to call for a an RM for this release. I am not sure if I'd have cycles this
> time around. Besides, it'd be great for someone else to learn how to make our
> releases.
>
> Thoughts?

With the tons of Juju work going on, I'm curious to know what's our
collective take
on the desired state of Jujufication for Bigtop 1.2?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Release 1.2 preps

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
Cos, how about adding a new component called spark2, as the name suggests
it would represent the new spark 2.x family. In my opinion, having both
Spark 1.x and 2.x option in Bigtop 1.2 would be helpful with customers
migration scenarios.

Re: Release 1.2 preps

Posted by Chinmay Kolhatkar <ch...@apache.org>.
​Hi Cos,