Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/01/29 10:02:02 UTC

GSoC Projects & Mentors ?

All,

GSoC submissions start in March so we should begin to pull together the list
of Qpid project outlines for prospective students.

Can those willing/able to act as mentors this year please also reply on this
thread ? Every project outline needs at least one mentor, preferably 1 +
backup.

I've tidied up the page from last year, and removed any items I know from
the Java side wouldn't be easy for a GSoC-er to do.

The page is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/GSoC

Every outline needs details and mentor(s). I'll update the page details once
we have an idea on the mentors available.

Thanks & Regards,
Marnie

Re: GSoC Projects & Mentors ?

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Sure - be glad to see some suggestions from people on things they would be
actively willing to mentor.
All - please do add anything you'd have time to take on.

Bye for now,
Marnie

Re: GSoC Projects & Mentors ?

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 9 February 2010 21:19, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> It would be good to see if others want to put up additional topic. I'm
> not comfortable mentored any of the listed ones
>
> Carl.

I would be up for mentoring someone. Though I think we'll need to find
more 'exciting' topics to draw people in. I'll have a think of what
that might look like.

Martin

> On 02/09/2010 04:14 PM, Marnie McCormack wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to Aidan&  Robbie - great to have you on this.
>>
>> Anyone else ? Please reply asap so we can co-operate on the project
>> outlines
>> together (probably on jabber).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marnie
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Robbie
>> Gemmell<ro...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> Id be happy to mentor someone + be Aidans backup.
>>>
>>> Robbie

>>> this

>>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
>>> Use/Interact: mailto:dev-subscribe@qpid.apache.org