Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com> on 2002/06/06 14:00:05 UTC

[Sitemap] Sitemap model questions

Hi all!

I've almost finished the Schema for sitemap, but I'm a bit stuck with the
pipeline content description and would like to prove some statements:

Terms
	Pipeline content - content model of 'pipeline', 'match', 'act',
'select/when' elements (with some restrictions also of 'resource' and 'view'
elements).

A pipeline can contain the following elements:
Direct:
           - mount
           - redirect-to
           - read
           - generate
           - aggregate
           - transform
           - serialize
Indirect:
           - act
           - match
           - select

Statements:
        1. There can be no other elements if one of the 'mount' |
'redirect-to' | 'read' is present.

        2. If first element is one of the generating types: 'generate' |
'aggregate' | 'call' then
        the last element must be one of the outputting types: 'serialize' |
'call'.

        3. Indirect elements can appear more then once in any order, but
should not break generation -> [transformation] -> output sequences.

Is the above correct and did I forget anything?

Regards,
  Konstantin

P.S. I have some more questions for XML Schema gurus, if any. Steven?

P.S.2. Should Cocoon sitemap Schema belong to Forrest catalogue too?

Konstantin Piroumian
Lead Developer

Email: kpiroumian@apache.org
ICQ#: 2297575
* Work Tel#:  +7 095 795 0520 * 1288
* More ways to contact me <http://web.icq.com/wwp?Uin=2297575>
i See more about me <http://kot-p.hotbox.ru/>

Re: [Sitemap] Sitemap model questions

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I've almost finished the Schema for sitemap, but I'm a bit stuck with the
>pipeline content description and would like to prove some statements:
>
>Terms
>	Pipeline content - content model of 'pipeline', 'match', 'act',
>'select/when' elements (with some restrictions also of 'resource' and 'view'
>elements).
>
>A pipeline can contain the following elements:
>Direct:
>           - mount
>           - redirect-to
>           - read
>           - generate
>           - aggregate
>           - transform
>           - serialize
>Indirect:
>           - act
>           - match
>           - select
>
>Statements:
>        1. There can be no other elements if one of the 'mount' | 'redirect-to' | 'read' is present.

Yes.

>        2. If first element is one of the generating types: 'generate' | 'aggregate' | 'call' then the last element must be one of the outputting types: 'serialize' | 'call'.

This is too restrictive, as there can be nested indirect components to
drive the pipeline construction after the generate.

>        3. Indirect elements can appear more then once in any order, but should not break generation -> [transformation] -> output sequences.

Is it possible to write such a rule in XML Schema ?

>Is the above correct and did I forget anything?
>
>Regards,
>  Konstantin
>
>P.S. I have some more questions for XML Schema gurus, if any. Steven?
>
>P.S.2. Should Cocoon sitemap Schema belong to Forrest catalogue too?

IMO, it belongs to Cocoon, as it has to evolve with Cocoon.

What about adding it inside cocoon.jar so that the actual schema used
can be obtained using e.g.
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/sitemap.xsd" ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez