Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2006/11/28 17:11:51 UTC

SQL example to replace basicsearch

Or a SQL equivalent through the <searchrequest> mechanism.  The
JCRSQLQueryBuilder and the tests seem to be oriented towards the JCR
API, so can not find an example of going through HTTP with
<searchrequest>.

Re: SQL example to replace basicsearch

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Angela Schreiber schrieb:
> hi darren
>
> since i'm neither expert for the DASL basicsearch nor for
> the query languages defined by JSR170, i can't help you
> with the conversion.
>
> the reason why no utilities for the DAV:basicsearch
> is available:
>
> - up to now, we needed the webDAV SEARCH for the remoting
>   purpose only. therefore, i was looking for a possibility to
>   transport a jsr170 query

...and that's perfectly ok. That's why WebDAV SEARCH defines a
framework, allowing different query languages, after all.

Best regards, Julian

Re: SQL example to replace basicsearch

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi darren

since i'm neither expert for the DASL basicsearch nor for
the query languages defined by JSR170, i can't help you
with the conversion.

the reason why no utilities for the DAV:basicsearch
is available:

- up to now, we needed the webDAV SEARCH for the remoting
   purpose only. therefore, i was looking for a possibility to
   transport a jsr170 query
- consequently, there was no need to convert the query statement
   from XPath/SQL to DAV:basicsearch grammer and back.

however, for the limited usage of the internet-search-protocol
we had, i tried to be close the draft:

- DAV:searchrequest contains a single child element specifying
   the query language to be used.
   quote from the draft:
   "For DAV:searchrequest, the definition of search criteria, the result
record, and any other details needed to perform the search depend on the
individual search grammar."

- For me passing the query statement as text element inside the
   single child-element of the DAV:search-request, seems quite
   natural.

- in contrast, building the multistatus response to respond
   to the SEARCH request, may depend on your dav implementation
   on top of the JCR repository:

   for a 'common' webdav server focusing on 'files and folders'
   (such as e.g. the simple server), the query-result returned
   from the JSR170 api would possibly need some adjustment, since
   the matching nodes may represent some internal child node
   of structure, that gets exposed as resource in the webdav view.

kind regards
angela