Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2021/02/02 11:02:30 UTC

Re: stream editor plugin doesn't work with chunked post request body

Crossposting this to the ATS dev list: I wonder if there is a reasonably straightforward
way I just missed to achieve the clean separation required?

> On 2 Feb 2021, at 05:50, supraja sridhar <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> On sending a post request with chunked body to ATS + stream editor plugin I get broken pipe error at the client. It looks like ATS is triggering an error event due to undefined length.

The stream editor applies at the contents level.  It's not designed nor intended to work
at the protocol level (such as dealing with chunked encoding, let alone compressed
or encrypted data).  Insofar as that's possible at all it would require detailed analysis
of how it interacts with the protocol.

Ideally we'd separate content filters such as the stream-editor cleanly from the protocol.
Apache HTTPD's filter architecture provides this separation, which is what makes it
a great platform for applications involving content filtering.  Stream-editor seeks to
offer basic content filtering for ATS, but is limited by the lack of such clean separation.

--
Nick Kew