Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Richard Klein (RSI)" <rk...@rsitex.com> on 2016/04/13 22:22:50 UTC

RE: Cloudstack 4.7 password reset issue - resolved.

I finally found the problem and resolved the issue.  The problem was in the Python code change I made.  I had a flag variable that indicated to save data when it was changed while processing a list.  This worked fine as long as it executed the logic and defined the flag variable.  The problem was during startup when it doesn't go through the loop and the flag variable was undefined.  This cause the "update_config.py" to fail which then bubbled back up as an error and prevent the router from starting.

Once I changed the code and rebuilt the project all worked well and the bug is fixed.  Thanks so much for everyone's help.  This process was very educational and looking forward to learning more.

I do have one question just out of curiosity.  What makes the "Requires Upgrade" column on the Home->Infrastructure->Virtual Router page indicated "Yes"?

Thanks again,

Richard Klein  <rk...@rsitex.com>
RSI
5426 Guadalupe, Suite 100
Austin TX 78751

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Those are great improvements, please create the PRs that we will review and
help you prepare the code to be merged. Just be aware that we are going to
have a feature freeze starting next Monday (if I am not mistaken) until the
4.9 version is closed.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

RE: Cloudstack 4.7 password reset issue - resolved.

Posted by "Richard Klein (RSI)" <rk...@rsitex.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

RE: Cloudstack 4.7 password reset issue - resolved.

Posted by "Richard Klein (RSI)" <rk...@rsitex.com>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Richard,