Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by flocke <ch...@stud.uni-bamberg.de> on 2008/04/14 18:51:02 UTC

ReliableMessaging with ServiceMix/ODE?

Hi,

i'm new to ServiceMix and i'm still not sure if it fits my needs. My
question is the following:

ODE itself (in combination with Tomcat) does not fully support WS-Reliable
Messaging (WS-RM). According to the ODE mailing lists, it is possible to
expose BPEL processes as Reliable Services, but it is impossible to invoke
other Web Services that require RM without modifying them.

ServiceMix, e.g. in combination with cxf-binding supports WS-RM.

The question now is: If ODE is running as JBI component in ServiceMix, is it
possible to

1) expose BPEL processes using WS-RM (by using the ServiceMix message bus)?

2) invoke other Web Services using WS-RM (by using the ServiceMix message
bus)?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,
Christoph

Re: ReliableMessaging with ServiceMix/ODE?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I think it should be doable.  Ode should have to take care about the
WS policies applied to the services provided or consumed.  I'm not sure how
tightly integrated we can be: I suppose you'd have to configure a JDBC
persistent store for WS-RM, but I guess the store and Ode would have to use
the same transaction maybe (and I'm not sure how feasible that is).

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 6:51 PM, flocke <
christoph-maximilian.pfluegler@stud.uni-bamberg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm new to ServiceMix and i'm still not sure if it fits my needs. My
> question is the following:
>
> ODE itself (in combination with Tomcat) does not fully support WS-Reliable
> Messaging (WS-RM). According to the ODE mailing lists, it is possible to
> expose BPEL processes as Reliable Services, but it is impossible to invoke
> other Web Services that require RM without modifying them.
>
> ServiceMix, e.g. in combination with cxf-binding supports WS-RM.
>
> The question now is: If ODE is running as JBI component in ServiceMix, is
> it
> possible to
>
> 1) expose BPEL processes using WS-RM (by using the ServiceMix message
> bus)?
>
> 2) invoke other Web Services using WS-RM (by using the ServiceMix message
> bus)?
>

> Any idea would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Regards,
> Christoph