Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by heng du <du...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/06 03:21:13 UTC

[VOTE] RocketMQ-client-cpp 1.2.0 Release And Graduation

Hello RocketMQ Community,

This is the vote for the 1.2.0 release and the graduation of Apache RocketMQ-client-cpp.

Github repo: https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-cpp <https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-cpp>
This release is a huge step forward in cpp 1.0.1. It <http://1.0.1.it/>  provides two kinds of interfaces in C++ and C-style, and a bunch of other language bindings will be built on top of it, including python, Node.js,C#,golang and so on.We simplified the process of project compilation in this version,and you can compile the whole project with just one command.

new feature
   C-Style API was added to support multilingual client, such as python,node.js, golang, which has not yet implemented all the functions of C++ API. The following are the major functions of C-Style API :

1 Support  reliable synchronous,  one-way  and order transmission
2 Support push consumer and pull consumer.
3 Support setDelayTimeLevel.
4 Support message compression.
5 Support setting up message consumption mode.
Improvement:
1  Enhanced the capability of multi-platform support, such as linux, window,macOS.
2  The compilation method of the project is simplified. You can compile the entire project with one command.
Bug:
1 Fix an issue about the unique key. When a message is sent, the producer cannot get unique.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until a necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache RocketMQ Team

Re: [VOTE] RocketMQ-client-cpp 1.2.0 Release And Graduation

Posted by Zhanhui Li <li...@apache.org>.
+1

Glad to see the improvement of build scripts of the codebase and look
forward to code refinement in the next release as C++11 is officially
adopted.

Posted by lollipop <lo...@apache.org>.
+ 1

Posted by 徐江 <jo...@163.com>.
+1 approve

Posted by dongeforever <do...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

It is perfect except some trivial problems:
  * cost much time to build, maybe `make -j ` could be a help
  * clean output by the example
  * if the built is failed for some reason, it is better to provide a clean
script to help rebuild

zhangzw368319@163.com <zh...@163.com> 于2018年12月6日周四 下午7:44写道:

Posted by dongeforever <do...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by 徐江 <jo...@163.com>.
+1 approve

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Sorry I didn’t notice how old this thread was but looking though other VOTE threads there seems to be some common issues. I’m send an email to teh PMC about it.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] RocketMQ-client-cpp 1.2.0 Release And Graduation

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I not entirely sure what release artefact you are voting on here. I would seperate the two votes and do a proper vote of the release artefact.

Remember release artefact must be signed and have hashes and must follow ASF policy when including 3rd party code, I can see 3rd party code in the repo but nothing in mentioned in LICENSE. I can also see 3rd party file that incorrectly have ASF headers on them. e.g [1]. Am I mistaken here?  If not I not would be -1 on having this release as an offical Apache release.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./src/thread/disruptor/wait_strategy.h

Re: [VOTE] RocketMQ-client-cpp 1.2.0 Release And Graduation

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang