Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by karthik085 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/27 01:51:09 UTC

Trunk version and NUTCH-251(Administration gui)

I would like to use Nutch-251(administration gui). How stable is it? How easy
it is to setup and make it work with nutch? Since it seems to work with the
trunk version, how stable is trunk version of nutch? Any tentative schedule,
when nutch next release will be? Will it include admin gui?

I downloaded binary distribution that packaged nutch + gui, available on
Nutch Wiki. It didn't work - there were problems with compiling jsp classes.
Also, I tried plugins and patches on Nutch-251 page. That didn't work either
with the trunk version. It looks it requires lot of patches. I don't know
what patches needs to be added to make it work. If someone can let me know
about the same too, that would be great.

Re: Trunk version and NUTCH-251(Administration gui)

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
karthik085 wrote:
> I would like to use Nutch-251(administration gui). How stable is it? How easy
> it is to setup and make it work with nutch? Since it seems to work with the
> trunk version, how stable is trunk version of nutch? Any tentative schedule,
> when nutch next release will be? Will it include admin gui?
>
> I downloaded binary distribution that packaged nutch + gui, available on
> Nutch Wiki. It didn't work - there were problems with compiling jsp classes.
> Also, I tried plugins and patches on Nutch-251 page. That didn't work either
> with the trunk version. It looks it requires lot of patches. I don't know
> what patches needs to be added to make it work. If someone can let me know
> about the same too, that would be great.

Hi, NUTCH-251 does not work work with current trunk. I suppose it wont
be trivial to update it, but with some effort, you can. As described in
jira, it includes a patch to hadoop 0.4.1. you can check out the version
of nutch that complies with it. you can also check the discussion in :
http://www.nabble.com/Next-Nutch-release-t3021713.html