Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Miklos Gergely <mg...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/16 18:10:42 UTC

PreCommit-HIVE-Build

Hi,

Recently the queue at PreCommit-HIVE-Build grew extremely long. This was
partially because of the many patches, but partially also because the
parameters of the builds included the attachment id, though it was not
used. So if there were several patches attached to a jira, then each of
them created a separate build request, as their attachment id were
different. Then the first one evaluated the latest patch, and the rest were
doing nothing, as the latest patch for the jira was already evaluated.
Because of this the seeming queue length was misleading.

Today I've removed the attachment Id parameter from
the PreCommit-HIVE-Build, thus there will be only one build request for any
HIVE jira at any given moment in the queue. Please let me know if you
experience any problem regarding PreCommit-HIVE-Build, or if you know any
reason to put attachment id back.

Thanks
Miklos

--
*Miklós Gergely* | Staff Software Engineer
t. +36 (30) 579-6433 <0000000000>

[image: Cloudera on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/cloudera> [image:
Cloudera on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/cloudera> [image: Cloudera
on LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudera>