Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/06/20 17:10:02 UTC

problems with python client

I'm trying to use the python client to do a POC with Ambari, but following the examples in the docs has led me to a problem that I can't figure out.  I set it up with the "Quick Start Guide" and the Ambari UI works perfectly on the 3-node cluster I have running on my machine.  I'm just attempting a basic create server call, but the server gives me a 400: Bad Request response no matter what I try.  Can anyone shed light on this?  I turned on DEBUG logging on the server, but there was still no actual details as to the problem in the logs.

This is my code:

from ambari_client.ambari_api import  AmbariClient
client = AmbariClient("c6401.ambari.apache.org", 8080, "admin", "admin", version=1)

mycluster = client.create_cluster("testcluster", "HDP-2.1")

Any ideas?

Greg

Re: problems with python client

Posted by subin <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg

I have already supported add X-Requested-By header  in the client.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5663
Unfortunately i forgot to update the wiki. I will update the wiki now.
btw thanks for looking into client.Let us know if you find issues, we would
be happy to help you.

~Subin

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Greg Hill <gr...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dmitry.  Adding that header does indeed get past the problem.  If
> nobody else gets to it, I'll get a pull request together for the change.
>
> Greg

~Subin

RE: problems with python client

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Thanks Dmitry.  Adding that header does indeed get past the problem.  If nobody else gets to it, I'll get a pull request together for the change.

Greg

A quick search through python ambari-client sources did not find any usages
of X-Requested-By header that is used for CSRF protection in Ambari.

e.g.

/usr/bin/curl -X DELETE -H "X-Requested-By:anything" -u admin:admin
http://dev01.hortonworks.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/MAPREDUCE

At the same time, groovy client contains references of this header. So
maybe python client needs update.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Greg Hill <gr...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use the python client to do a POC with Ambari, but following
> the examples in the docs has led me to a problem that I can't figure out.
>  I set it up with the "Quick Start Guide" and the Ambari UI works perfectly
> on the 3-node cluster I have running on my machine.  I'm just attempting a
> basic create server call, but the server gives me a 400: Bad Request
> response no matter what I try.  Can anyone shed light on this?  I turned on
> DEBUG logging on the server, but there was still no actual details as to
> the problem in the logs.
>
> This is my code:
>
> from ambari_client.ambari_api import  AmbariClient
> client = AmbariClient("c6401.ambari.apache.org", 8080, "admin", "admin",
> version=1)
>
> mycluster = client.create_cluster("testcluster", "HDP-2.1")
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Greg

Dmitry

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: problems with python client

Posted by Dmitry Lysnichenko <dl...@hortonworks.com>.
Or you may try adding http_header parameter during AmbariClient
construction.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Dmitry Lysnichenko <
dlysnichenko@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> A quick search through python ambari-client sources did not find any
> usages of X-Requested-By header that is used for CSRF protection in Ambari.
>
> e.g.
>
> /usr/bin/curl -X DELETE -H "X-Requested-By:anything" -u admin:admin http://dev01.hortonworks.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/MAPREDUCE
>

> At the same time, groovy client contains references of this header. So maybe python client needs update.
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Greg Hill <gr...@rackspace.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use the python client to do a POC with Ambari, but
>> following the examples in the docs has led me to a problem that I can't
>> figure out.  I set it up with the "Quick Start Guide" and the Ambari UI
>> works perfectly on the 3-node cluster I have running on my machine.  I'm
>> just attempting a basic create server call, but the server gives me a 400:
>> Bad Request response no matter what I try.  Can anyone shed light on this?
>>  I turned on DEBUG logging on the server, but there was still no actual
>> details as to the problem in the logs.
>>
>> This is my code:
>>
>> from ambari_client.ambari_api import  AmbariClient
>> client = AmbariClient("c6401.ambari.apache.org", 8080, "admin", "admin",
>> version=1)
>>
>> mycluster = client.create_cluster("testcluster", "HDP-2.1")
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Greg

> Dmitry

Dmitry

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: problems with python client

Posted by Dmitry Lysnichenko <dl...@hortonworks.com>.
A quick search through python ambari-client sources did not find any usages
of X-Requested-By header that is used for CSRF protection in Ambari.

e.g.

/usr/bin/curl -X DELETE -H "X-Requested-By:anything" -u admin:admin
http://dev01.hortonworks.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/MAPREDUCE

At the same time, groovy client contains references of this header. So
maybe python client needs update.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Greg Hill <gr...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use the python client to do a POC with Ambari, but following
> the examples in the docs has led me to a problem that I can't figure out.
>  I set it up with the "Quick Start Guide" and the Ambari UI works perfectly
> on the 3-node cluster I have running on my machine.  I'm just attempting a
> basic create server call, but the server gives me a 400: Bad Request
> response no matter what I try.  Can anyone shed light on this?  I turned on
> DEBUG logging on the server, but there was still no actual details as to
> the problem in the logs.
>
> This is my code:
>
> from ambari_client.ambari_api import  AmbariClient
> client = AmbariClient("c6401.ambari.apache.org", 8080, "admin", "admin",
> version=1)
>
> mycluster = client.create_cluster("testcluster", "HDP-2.1")
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Greg

Dmitry

--