Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Eric Weidner <es...@pumavision.net> on 2002/06/17 23:33:29 UTC

Re: ClassNotFoundException error when trying to connect to Oracle 9i

Renaming to .jar should be fine.

A word of caution....

I recently tried to use James with 9i using the steps in the attachment.
 Everything worked great except that attachments over about 100kB were
getting truncated when going through the smtp processor.  In the past
few days, I finally got around to trying out Oracle 8.1.7 and had the
same truncation problem.  I know there are a few people on here that I
think are using Oracle 8 successfully.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  Just beware that you may
have some issues.

I'll be going to use MySQL soon anyway, but the problem would be nice to
solve.

Eric Weidner
Sr. Consultant
EJB Solutions, Inc.