Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/06/09 17:07:16 UTC

Bootstrap JSR 181 and JSR 109 Implementations.

Folks,

Ias/Srinath (and i helped a tiny bit) have been working on initial
code for JSR 109 (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=109) and JSR 181
(http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=181). The efforts are now
available at ws-axis/contrib as usual:

EWS (JSR 109) - http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/ws-axis/contrib/ews/
WSM (JSR 181) - http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/ws-axis/contrib/wsm/

I'll let Ias and Srinath update you with current status of both these
modules and they will drive the future efforts for these two projects.

Thanks,
dims

Re: Bootstrap JSR 181 and JSR 109 Implementations.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Am not sure yet...Let's decide in a few weeks time. After a few more
folks chime in with their thoughts.

-- dims

Sates of JSR 109 Implementations/EWS

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi dims,All
Thanks for fixing the maven build
I have added the set of documentatations to the ews.(ws-axis/contrib/docs)
they should explain where we are.
I have fix the tests(the path to same DD's are hard coded)  and have added
few more. I will commit them tommarow.
Thanks
Srinath

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Sates of JSR 109 Implementations/EWS

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Hi dims,All
Thanks for fixing the maven build
I have added the set of documentatations to the ews.(ws-axis/contrib/docs)
they should explain where we are.
I have fix the tests(the path to same DD's are hard coded)  and have added
few more. I will commit them tommarow.
Thanks
Srinath

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Re: Bootstrap JSR 181 and JSR 109 Implementations.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Ias,

You forgot Sandesha (WS-ReliableMessaging), Addressing (WS-Addressing)
and WSS4J (OASIS WSS) etc.... :) But yes, the idea is to build an
alternative to WSE 2.0 from MSFT and JWSDP from SUN but one that can
fully interoperate with them.

Yes, there will be an integrated version. The current plan was that
the complete stack will be part of Geronimo :) But it would be good if
there's a equivalent of JWSDP to make it easier for folks who are just
getting their feet wet in web services.

-- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Ias,