Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 20:48:59 UTC

pom.basedir blanked out with Netbeans 6?

Hey all,

  I'm having trouble with ${pom.basedir} in my project.  I have a few
XML files used by DBUnit, but DBUnit won't find the files when run in
netbeans (runs great on the command line).

The relevant parts:
          <plugin>
            	<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
            	<artifactId>dbunit-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            	<dependencies>
			<dependency>
				<groupId>mysql</groupId>
				<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
				<version>5.0.5</version>
			</dependency>
            	</dependencies>
            	<configuration>
            		<driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
            		<format>flat</format>
            		<url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/quickstart</url>
            		<username>--</username>
            		<password>--</password>
            		<dataTypeWarning>true</dataTypeWarning>
            	</configuration>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>testdata_upload_vto</id>
						<phase>test-compile</phase>
						<configuration>
							<type>CLEAN_INSERT</type>
							<src>${pom.basedir}/src/test/data/db_vto.xml</src>
							<url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/vto</url>
						</configuration>

I get this back:

[ERROR]BUILD ERROR
src/test/data/db_vto.xml (No such file or directory)

Any ideas why ${pom.basedir} is apparently blank?

Where do I find documentation on the builtin properties like ${pom.basedir}?

And yeah, the file's still there :-)

Thanks in advance,

-Lally

--
H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science

Re: pom.basedir blanked out with Netbeans 6?

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
I didn't hear about "pom.basedir" so far, I always use just "basedir".
if pom.basedir was introduced in 2.0.5+ then it won't be recognized in
the netbeans, because it's currently using a maven embedder version
that is very close to 2.0.4 version. After upgrading to upcoming 2.1,
the issue will go away.

Milos Kleint