Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Wouter Bolsterlee <uw...@xs4all.nl> on 2012/07/11 23:07:20 UTC

[announce] HappyBase 0.4, a developer-friendly Python library to interact with HBase

Hi all,

I have just released HappyBase 0.4. The most visible changes in this
release are support for framed Thrift transports (optionally available
in HBase 0.94.x) and support for a custom table prefix separator.

Release notes:

  http://happybase.readthedocs.org/en/latest/news.html#happybase-0-4

Documentation:

  http://happybase.readthedocs.org/

Source code:

  https://github.com/wbolster/happybase

Python Package Index (PyPI):

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/happybase/

Installation:

  $ pip install happybase

Please try it out, and make sure to report any issues on Github. Patches
are also most welcome.

    — Wouter

Re: [announce] HappyBase 0.4, a developer-friendly Python library to interact with HBase

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
+1 for docs
Look very nice this release,

On 07/11/2012 10:03 PM, Elliott Clark wrote:
> Looks very cool. Those docs are really great.
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Wouter Bolsterlee <uw...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just released HappyBase 0.4. The most visible changes in this
>> release are support for framed Thrift transports (optionally available
>> in HBase 0.94.x) and support for a custom table prefix separator.
>>
>> Release notes:
>>
>>    http://happybase.readthedocs.org/en/latest/news.html#happybase-0-4
>>
>> Documentation:
>>
>>    http://happybase.readthedocs.org/
>>
>> Source code:
>>
>>    https://github.com/wbolster/happybase
>>
>> Python Package Index (PyPI):
>>
>>    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/happybase/
>>
>> Installation:
>>
>>    $ pip install happybase
>>
>> Please try it out, and make sure to report any issues on Github. Patches
>> are also most welcome.
>>
>>      — Wouter

> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
*Data Engineer && Sr. System Administrator at UCI*
My Blog <http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com>

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: [announce] HappyBase 0.4, a developer-friendly Python library to interact with HBase

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
+1 for docs

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.