Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Tardif, Sebastien" <ST...@anacomp.com> on 2004/11/12 18:32:04 UTC

How to activate Axis generation of JavaDoc when doing WSDL2Java?

I have a WSDL like this:
<wsdl:service name="DocHarborServices">
	<xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:documentation xml:lang="en">Contain all operations in docHarbor Web Services. The mode of operation is stateless so you have to provide a Credential instance to every operation.</xsd:documentation>
	</xsd:annotation>
	<wsdl:port name="docHarbor" binding="impl:webservicesSoapBinding">
		<xsd:annotation>
			<xsd:documentation xml:lang="en">Contain all operations in docHarbor Web Services. The mode of operation is stateless so you have to provide a Credential instance to every operation.</xsd:documentation>
			</xsd:annotation>
		<wsdlsoap:address location="http://localhost/webservices1_0/services/docHarbor"/>
	</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service> -->
</wsdl:definitions>

So I was expecting to see in those classes Javadoc having what I specified in xsd:documentation:

docHarbor.java extract:
// SHOULD HAVE JAVADOC HERE
public interface DocHarbor extends javax.xml.rpc.Service {
    public java.lang.String getdocHarborAddress();

and

DocHarborServices.java extract:
// SHOULD HAVE JAVADOC HERE
public interface DocHarborServices extends javax.xml.rpc.Service {
    public java.lang.String getdocHarborAddress();

I'm surprise because there are many bugs one the issues and they are all in status FIXED:

  AXIS-1262  Pulling Javadoc from  Unassigned  Danno Ferrin     Closed  Fixed  24/Mar/04 24/Mar/04    Unwatch
  AXIS-766  Generate JavaDoc comments from WSDL comments  Axis Developers Mailing List  ted stockwell      Resolved  Duplicate  23/Mar/03 23/Feb/04
  AXIS-604  Generated comments should be javadoc comments  Unassigned  Steve Loughran      Closed  Fixed  08/Jan/03 23/Mar/04

I have attached the WSDL for reference.