Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 18:40:24 UTC

[OT] Java Hosting Providers, yes, I know it's been brought up before on the list.

Yes, I have searched the mailing list, but still searching the struts
mailing list doesn't always bring back the best search results.

So, anyway, I'm looking to leave my hosting provider. They were great for
the first few years, but lately the problems with them have been too much
for me to handle anymore.

Of my mailing list searching, this hosting provider seems to hold the most
promise:

http://www.lunarpages.com/plan2.php

I'd be interested in some other recommendations (java/jsp support
obviously:) and/or companies to stay away from, on or off-list is fine with
me. At this point I don't even mind paying more for a good uptime and
service.

--
Rick

Re: [OT] Java Hosting Providers, yes, I know it's been brought up before on the list.

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.
So you are saying you can't get a separate context (your own WEB-INF, etc)
for each additional domain?

Posted by ch...@kattare.com.

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 3/1/06, Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> www.kattare.com has been stellar so far. We had to work through some
> issues to setup Roller, and they accomodated me at ever step.

Wow, very nice. Thanks Ted. The only thing is I'd need to host a few addon
domains and it appears I'd have to jump from the 3.1 level to the corporate
account at 40/month http://www.kattare.com/services_pricing.kvws  in order
to achieve this.

When things are running smoothly I really love what I get for the money at
hostforweb with the supreme package
http://hostforweb.com/hosting_supreme.html . I haven't found anything close
to what they offer for the buck... but I guess now they're trying to jam too
many accounts on each server and customer support has gone down recently
also (I've been several tickets today without a response back and I still
can't access my site http://www.learntechnology.net/ .).

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan LaPlante <br...@xoscript.org>.
I feel your pain guys. I found a provider that made me wander why more of
them don't do this. http://www.eapps.com you get a virtual machine running
Linux for each domain and one of the most comprehensive control panels I
have ever used. 20 bucks a month gives you a fair amount of features and
space.

My 2 cents

Bryan LaPlante

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.
Wow, thanks for the info Wendy. This is frustrating. Do you have any
recomendations?

--
Rick

Re: [OT] Java Hosting Providers, yes, I know it's been brought up before on the list.

Posted by ch...@kattare.com.
I should hvae said Jason Hunter's site has a good list of ISP's with
user reviews and might also be worth a browse.  See
http://www.servlets.com/isps/servlet/ISPViewAll

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
I've had terrible experience with Astrahosting.  I wouldn't use
anything by them or Web Design Plus (I think is the parent company
name).

Greg

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I can offer you webhosting. In fact I'm doing this to a (small) number
of customers right now. You can have your own tomcat and virtual host
integration in the apache. Mail/Backup/ssh/ftp access is also offered.

Contact me offlist if you are interested :-)

Leon