Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/10 07:09:03 UTC

Draft board report for Samza

Hi, all,

Here is the draft report for Samza. Please let me know if I missed
anything. Thanks!

The mission of Samza is the creation and maintenance of software related to
distributed stream processing framework

## Issues:
[Insert your own data here]

## Membership Data:
Apache Samza was founded 2015-01-22 (6 years ago)
There are currently 26 committers and 17 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Bharath Kumarasubramanian on
2020-02-13.
- No new committers. Last addition was Rayman Preet Singh on 2019-07-08.

## Project Activity:
- New version 1.5.1 was released on 2020-08-28

## Community Health:
- We held an online stream processing meetup on July 21, 2020
- We presented Python stream processing on Beam Samza Runner in Beam Summit
on Aug 24-28, 2020
- We presented Fast SamzaSQL in ApacheCon on Sept 30, 2020
- Beam Samza runner performance improvement was published in LinkedIn
Engineering blog on Oct 1, 2020