Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2010/07/01 08:03:00 UTC

Re: sftp with privateKeyFile using camel-ftp

Claus,

A little update on this matter...

Atsuhiko at Jcarft gave me a fix version to test. It seems to solve the
problems I had encountered. The fix was included in a release candidate for
Jsch 0.1.43. I'm hoping they release this very soon. When they do, I wonder
what has to be done in order to incorporate the new Jsch version into Camel?

It seems like Camel uses a repackaged (for OSGi) version of Jsch. The
repackaging seems to be done by the ServiceMix team. I would of course want
the Jsch fix to be part of the next Camel release (is there a planned date
for 2.4?). I imagine it is just a matter of directing the dependencies to
the new Jsch version since I don't think the API is changed. Will you (or
someone on the Camel team) ask the ServiceMix guys to repackage the new Jsch
version - or how does it usually work?

/Bengt

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Done.

<https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2959>/Bengt

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Willem,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bengt,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> wrote:
> Claus,
>
> A little update on this matter...
>
> Atsuhiko at Jcarft gave me a fix version to test. It seems to solve the
> problems I had encountered. The fix was included in a release candidate for
> Jsch 0.1.43. I'm hoping they release this very soon. When they do, I wonder
> what has to be done in order to incorporate the new Jsch version into Camel?
>
> It seems like Camel uses a repackaged (for OSGi) version of Jsch. The
> repackaging seems to be done by the ServiceMix team. I would of course want
> the Jsch fix to be part of the next Camel release (is there a planned date
> for 2.4?). I imagine it is just a matter of directing the dependencies to
> the new Jsch version since I don't think the API is changed. Will you (or
> someone on the Camel team) ask the ServiceMix guys to repackage the new Jsch
> version - or how does it usually work?

Yeah when JSCH 1.4.3 has been officially released and you can download
it from their website. Then we can upgraded it in Camel.

However it requires an OSGi repackage to be done by the SMX team and
released at Apache. This takes time, as well.
We want to do a 2.4 release in the near term and the upgraded JSCH may
not make it.

Anyway I think you should create a JIRA ticket about upgrading to JSCH
1.4.3  so we wont forget.

> /Bengt
>
> 2010/6/24 Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
>
>> Glad to be of help - as others help me.
>>
>> BTW just got an answer from Atsuhiko at Jcraft. He will try to fix this
>> tonight while watching Japan vs Denmark. Had to wish him good luck against
>> Denmark - sorry... Being Swedish I normally support Denmark and Norway when
>> we're not represented ourselves. But this time you were the ones who kicked
>> us out of the world cup :-)
>>
>> /Bengt
>>

>> 2010/6/24 Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi Bengt
>>>
>>> Thanks for sharing this information. Nice that you got the attention
>>> from JCraft. Then they may fix this in the near future.
>>> And thanks for helping out with the FTP component of Camel. Its now
>>> better thanks to you.

>>> archives.
>>> in a
>>> >

>>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=201006231155.UAA11635%40jcraft.com&forum_name=jsch-users