Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by PrakashN <Pr...@changepond.com> on 2004/08/07 05:49:42 UTC

how to solve session is Invalid/timed out error

Hi All,

I created a test as given in the following steps.

   In Test plan, a Thread Group is added.
   In the Thread Group I added two sampler -> Http Request.
   In the first request, i gave the path of the Login page.
   In the second request page, i gave the path of the home page after
logging in.
   Second page, i added the http request defaults and added the value of
username and password.

   When the i run this test. In View Results Tree -> Response Data -> Render
HTML.
   Your Session is Invalid/timedout error page is shown.

   Is there any way to solve out this problem.

- Prakash

RE: how to solve session is Invalid/timed out error

Posted by PrakashN <Pr...@changepond.com>.
hi mike,

 In Http cookie Manager - what content should i given in "cookie stored in
the cookie manager" part.

 I would like to create a test plan which accepts username and password from
the login page.
 After logging i would like check the content in the home page.

 For the above i created two http request. When i run the test. First http
request shows the correct page in listner.
 But the second http request is not showing home page. I have given the user
name and password in "Send Parameters with the request".

- Prakash

1. You probably need a cookie manager in your test
2. Why do you put the login params in an http request defaults?  Why not
directly in the sampler?

-Mike

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 23:49, PrakashN wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I created a test as given in the following steps.
>
>    In Test plan, a Thread Group is added.
>    In the Thread Group I added two sampler -> Http Request.
>    In the first request, i gave the path of the Login page.
>    In the second request page, i gave the path of the home page after
> logging in.
>    Second page, i added the http request defaults and added the value of
> username and password.
>
>    When the i run this test. In View Results Tree -> Response Data ->
Render
> HTML.
>    Your Session is Invalid/timedout error page is shown.
>
>    Is there any way to solve out this problem.
>
> - Prakash

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation

Re: how to solve session is Invalid/timed out error

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.