Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2011/09/21 10:32:01 UTC

Heads up: incoming RAVE-171 project reorganization!

Hi all,

I've finally completed the RAVE-171 project reorganization locally and now am
ready to commit this.

Please check: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-171 if you are unaware
of the details.

This is a heads up that *major* structure changes will be incoming, so much so
that I expect everyone probably will have to do a clean checkout if you have a
current checked out version managed through an IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.).

If you do have pending changes locally, I advise you to first create a local
patch to save guard you changes (don't forget new files not yet added to svn...)
and try to merge/apply those (manually) after the clean checkout of rave trunk.

The commit will be a one big bang, with all moves, deletes, updates and new
file/folder creations in one big lump. Splitting these apart would have been
possible but very time consuming (replacing all changes I've did before) and
causing a considerable "off limits" and intermediate broken state of trunk.

Commit fill follow within a few minutes...

Regards,

Ate

RE: Heads up: incoming RAVE-171 project reorganization!

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
I am moving the integration test for the render service back to the rave-portal module.  It was located in rave-opensocial, but since it is intended to test all providers, I figured it would be better at a top level project.  This also simplifies the dependencies and resources in rave-opensocial.

If we come up with a  better strategy, I will move it back out of rave-portal.

-Matt

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Thanks for correcting the vanilla extensions, Ate.  I'll correct, update the rest of the sandbox.

Marlon

Posted by "Carlucci, Tony" <ac...@mitre.org>.
+1

Grunt work like this often goes unrecognized...

Tony

---
Anthony Carlucci | SW App Dev Eng, Sr. | R501 / KW App Development & Maint
e: acarlucci@mitre.org | v: 781.271.2432 | f: 781.271.3299
The MITRE Corporation | 202 Burlington Rd | Bedford, MA 01730-1420

> On 09/21/2011 11:01 AM, Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> Done!

Good work Ate!

>> I'll wrap up the RAVE-171 issue as well as create a few (2) new issues for
>> some
>> needed additional actions later today.
>>

> Done, see:
>  https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/RAVE-173<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-173>
>  https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/RAVE-174<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-174>

You mean
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-273
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-274

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 21 September 2011 13:08, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:

> On 09/21/2011 11:01 AM, Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> Done!

Good work Ate!

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.