Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2019/04/26 16:40:59 UTC

[BEAM-7164] Python precommit failing on Java PRs. dataflow:setupVirtualenv

Would be nice to fix this as it can slow down PRs. I am not sure if
this one is fixed on retry yet or not.

*https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7164?filter=-2
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7164?filter=-2>*

*https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit/6035/consoleFull
<https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit/6035/consoleFull>*

*18:05:44* >* Task
:beam-sdks-python-test-suites-dataflow:setupVirtualenv**18:05:44* New
python executable in
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit/src/build/gradleenv/-410805238/bin/python2.7*18:05:44*
Also creating executable in
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit/src/build/gradleenv/-410805238/bin/python*18:05:44*
Installing setuptools, pkg_resources, pip, wheel...done.*18:05:44*
Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python2.7*18:05:44*
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st,
2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained
after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python
2.7.*18:05:44* Collecting tox==3.0.0*18:05:44*   Using cached
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/e6/41/4dcfd713282bf3213b0384320fa8841e4db032ddcb80bc08a540159d42a8/tox-3.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting grpcio-tools==1.3.5*18:05:44*   Using cached
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/05/f6/0296e29b1bac6f85d2a8556d48adf825307f73109a3c2c17fb734292db0a/grpcio_tools-1.3.5-cp27-cp27mu-manylinux1_x86_64.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting pluggy<1.0,>=0.3.0 (from tox==3.0.0)*18:05:44*   Using
cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/84/e8/4ddac125b5a0e84ea6ffc93cfccf1e7ee1924e88f53c64e98227f0af2a5f/pluggy-0.9.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting six (from tox==3.0.0)*18:05:44*   Using cached
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/73/fb/00a976f728d0d1fecfe898238ce23f502a721c0ac0ecfedb80e0d88c64e9/six-1.12.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting virtualenv>=1.11.2 (from tox==3.0.0)*18:05:44*   Using
cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/4f/ba/6f9315180501d5ac3e707f19fcb1764c26cc6a9a31af05778f7c2383eadb/virtualenv-16.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting py>=1.4.17 (from tox==3.0.0)*18:05:44*   Using cached
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/76/bc/394ad449851729244a97857ee14d7cba61ddb268dce3db538ba2f2ba1f0f/py-1.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting grpcio>=1.3.5 (from grpcio-tools==1.3.5)*18:05:44*   Using
cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/7c/59/4da8df60a74f4af73ede9d92a75ca85c94bc2a109d5f67061496e8d496b2/grpcio-1.20.0-cp27-cp27mu-manylinux1_x86_64.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting protobuf>=3.2.0 (from grpcio-tools==1.3.5)*18:05:44*
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/ea/72/5eadea03b06ca1320be2433ef2236155da17806b700efc92677ee99ae119/protobuf-3.7.1-cp27-cp27mu-manylinux1_x86_64.whl*18:05:44*
Collecting futures>=2.2.0; python_version < "3.2" (from
grpcio>=1.3.5->grpcio-tools==1.3.5)*18:05:44*   ERROR: Could not find
a version that satisfies the requirement futures>=2.2.0;
python_version < "3.2" (from grpcio>=1.3.5->grpcio-tools==1.3.5) (from
versions: none)*18:05:44* ERROR: No matching distribution found for
futures>=2.2.0; python_version < "3.2" (from
grpcio>=1.3.5->grpcio-tools==1.3.5)*18:05:46* *18:05:46* >* Task
:beam-sdks-python-test-suites-dataflow:setupVirtualenv*
FAILED*18:05:46*

 <https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit_Python_Commit/6035/consoleFull>

Re: [BEAM-7164] Python precommit failing on Java PRs. dataflow:setupVirtualenv

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.
Thanks, updated the JIRA with a link to this thread and a note of what
could be done.

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Good points, Kenn : ) - I know Yifan looked into running tests using
Docker. I imagine a testing container could have a set of dependencies
installed, and reduce the amount of installations we perform from PyPi.
Best
-P.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
No, just re-run the tests. For the record, there are PyPi error-rates in
https://status.python.org/#system-metrics.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
I think you hit a pypi flake.