Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/03 13:04:35 UTC

Table component for flex mobile?

Hi there,

I have been working on some mobile projects(iPad apps in particular) and
there has been lot of requirement on showing data in charts as well as in
tabular format. But as we all know we do not have any table component
optimized to be used for mobile. DataGrid can still be used for iPad apps,
but if we add renders to it, it doesn’t respond well.

I had been using scrollers and lists (as columns) to make it work. But the
problem here again is that clients look for fixed header, fixed
columns(some as for freezing only first column, some ask for freezing upto 3
rd column etc). I had been having a tuff time in getting all these things
in one place. However, for now I have got basic things like sorting work.

I’m not sure if there is a huge demand for tabular component for mobile,
but still just wanted to know if there are any plans of getting this
component in future releases?

Warm regards,

Deepak

Re: Table component for flex mobile?