Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Seth Ladd <se...@brivo.com> on 2001/04/19 19:37:43 UTC

how do I report exceptions during Action setup?

Hello,

All of my Actions may throw Exceptions during their initialization phase
(during setServlet).  setServlet isn't set up to throw any Exceptions.  What
happens if my Action class is not able to initialize properly (can't get a
reference to my EJBs or a DataSource, as an example).  I would want to
somehow signal to the ActionServlet that this Action is invalid.  If I can't
throw an exception, is there a way to notify the ActionServlet that this
Action is invalid?

Thanks very much for any tips and pointers!
Seth

Seth Ladd | Software Engineer, Product Development
Brivo Systems, Inc.
seth@brivo.com

Confidential and Proprietary, Brivo Systems, Inc.