Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Brendon Oliver <br...@softcentre.com.au> on 2000/08/28 05:00:26 UTC

Module versions

Hi all,

I recall seeing comments about certain combinations of various versions
of Embperl, Apache::Session and mod-perl not woking properly.  Until now
I paid them no attention as I've never had to bother with
Apache:Session... until now that is ;-).

I have a project to do where I'll most likely need Apache:Session, so
can someone pls tell me which versions of each are likely to give me the
least trouble?

At present I have Embperl 1.3b2, Apache::Session 1.03 and mod-perl 1.21.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

- Brendon.
--
Brendon Oliver
Soft Centre Pty Ltd

Re: Module versions

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
 Hi all,

> I recall seeing comments about certain combinations of various versions
> of Embperl, Apache::Session and mod-perl not woking properly.  Until now
> I paid them no attention as I've never had to bother with
> Apache:Session... until now that is ;-).
>
> I have a project to do where I'll most likely need Apache:Session, so
> can someone pls tell me which versions of each are likely to give me the
> least trouble?
>
> At present I have Embperl 1.3b2, Apache::Session 1.03 and mod-perl 1.21.

This will work.

Apache::Session 1.5x requires Embperl 1.3b5. Newer version of Embperl always
works with the older Apache::Session versions.

If you have build mod_perl as DSO you should upgrade to at least to mod_perl
1.22.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151