Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/08/09 16:46:47 UTC

New Excalibur--Time to redo your Cocoon Load Tests

Thanks to Tom Klaasen for finding the Race Condition in Excalibur's
pooling code that has been plaguing so many of us, we have been
able to fix the problem.

A fortunate side affect of the fix was seriously improved performance.
In fact, the larger the object, the better you notice the performance.

I ran Excaliburs PoolProfiler against the improved code, and the
efficiency of the pools increased by 100% to 150% in all tests.

I love fixes like this that increase your performance and your robustness
all at the same time.

Please, post your observations to the list--especially if there are
bugs introduced (I hope not).

AW: New Excalibur--Time to redo your Cocoon Load Tests

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de>.
Berin,

great to know you have finally found and fixed this and thanks to Marcus and
the others for following this one.

Matthew Langham

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]