Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tek1 <te...@pobox.com> on 2002/03/21 10:33:41 UTC

Re: problems running tomcat4.04b1 under cygwin -> RECOMMENDATION

before, i had problems running the both startup.sh and catalina.sh files as
they were under cygwin.

however, i made the below changes and everything is working ok.  is it
possible to update the below files in the distribution to includes the
following changes?

startup.sh
--------
####
#### ADD THE BELOW LINES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FILE AFTER THE COMMENTS SECTION
####
cygwin=false
case "`uname`" in
CYGWIN*) cygwin=true;;
esac
echo "CYGWIN usage: $cygwin"

####
#### MODIFY LAST LINE TO READ
####
if $cygwin ; then
   exec "$PRGDIR"/"$EXECUTABLE" run "$@"
else
   exec "$PRGDIR"/"$EXECUTABLE" start "$@"
fi

catalina.sh
---------

# For Cygwin, switch paths to Windows format before running java
if $cygwin; then
   JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
   CATALINA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_HOME"`
   CLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$CLASSPATH"`
   JSSE_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JSSE_HOME"`

   ####
   #### ADD THE BELOW 2 LINES
   ####
   CATALINA_BASE=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_BASE"`
   CATALINA_TMPDIR=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_TMPDIR"`
fi

after making the above changes, tomcat runs fine under cygwin when executed
as follows:

[TOMCAT_HOME]/bin/startup.sh

alexander, thanks for your help!  :)

AW: problems running tomcat4.04b1 under cygwin -> RECOMMENDATION

Posted by Alexander Reifinger <A....@holl-gmbh.de>.
[tomcat on cygwin]
> alexander, thanks for your help!  :)

Oh, did I?
I just pointed out the opening window, the honor is yours ;-)
Thanks anyway!