Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de> on 2001/10/23 22:20:35 UTC

Where to put libs in Tomcat 4.0.1 (without using .war)

Well, I'm a newbie using Tomcat.
With Resin, the deployment of the jars is quite easy - just put it in lib.

With Tomcat I tried out common/lib, server/lib and lib.
Without success.

Here's the exception:

type internal-server-error

message Language Exception

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
sitemap_xmap: Line 21, column 7: Class
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Component not found in import. Line
22, column 7: Class org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configurable
not found in import. Line 23, column 7: Class
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration not found

I do not want to use the cocoon.war as I have many projects which requires
Cocoon. So I want to share those jars.

JOERN_HEID

Re: Where to put libs in Tomcat 4.0.1 (without using .war)

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
Jorn:

I have the same problem, and you're better off copying the relevant
stuff from cocoon's WEB-INF to each web app's WEB-INF. In particular,
make sure you include all the libs you need (consult the docs for which
ones are optional) and create the logs directory. You also, of course,
need the contents of cocoon's web.xml file. And then don't forget
sitemap.xmap and cocoon.xconf. I've been doing this for a while, and it
seems to work. In fact, I've rolled it into a web app deployment
structure so I can reuse the configuration whenever I need it.

I suppose it's theortically possible to put all the jars in
$TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib and reference them individually via the
extra-classpath tag in web.xml, but I've never tried it.

Regards,

Lajos
galatea.com