Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/07/19 11:38:50 UTC

Authentication - dynamic redirect after login ?

I am trying to redirect users, that click on a
protected page, back to that page after login:

in the call to the login page, I have:

login?resource=redirectpageuri

(where redirectpageuri is the URI of the
protected page)

The login page form has the necessary:

<input type="hidden" name="resource" value="{$resource}"/>

And the sitemap looks like:

    <map:match pattern="do-login">
      <!-- try to login -->
      <map:act type="auth-login">
        <map:parameter name="handler" value="demohandler"/>
        <map:parameter name="parameter_name"
value="{request-param:username}"/>
        <map:parameter name="parameter_password"
value="{request-param:password}"/>
        <!-- keep info in session -->
        <map:act type="session-propagator">
          <map:parameter name="myID"  value="{ID}"/>
          <map:parameter name="myTag" value="{tag}"/>
        </map:act>
        <map:redirect-to uri="{request-param:resource}"/> <!--DOES NOT
WORK? -->
      </map:act>
      <map:redirect-to uri="login"/>
    </map:match>

Regardless from where in the site the login page
is called, all that happens is the "home" page of
app is displayed ?

Any ideas what else to change here??

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

Re: Authentication - dynamic redirect after login ?

Posted by Stephanie Zohner <st...@gmx.at>.
Might be a stupid question, but did you varify that the request-param
"resource" is really set when calling the login pipeline?

Did you try without the session propagator?