Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2015/03/21 12:41:21 UTC

[VOTE](lazy consensus) Release Clerezza Parent 6

The Apache Clerezza Parent has been updated to use Java 8. Dependency
versions have been updated and the scr plugin causing problems in non-OSGi
projects has been removed

This is a VOTE to release Clerezza Parent 6.

This VOTE by LAZY-CONSENSUS is open for at least 72 hours until March 24
12:00 UTC.

The tag in git is: clerezza-parent-6

The source release is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheclerezza-1003/org/apache/clerezza/clerezza/6/clerezza-6-source-release.zip

The signature is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheclerezza-1003/org/apache/clerezza/clerezza/6/clerezza-6-source-release.zip.asc

md5sum clerezza-6-source-release.zip
154c6ac4803f6d821a54388b82fa1783  clerezza-6-source-release.zip

The keys are here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/clerezza/KEYS

Reto

Re: [VOTE](lazy consensus) Release Clerezza Parent 6

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
HI all,

+1

best
Rupert

Posted by Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Yes, I've also found that using system properties and

<version>${version.jena}</version>

allow downstream to still control/override as it pleases - Maven's
"Nearest wins" fall-back would also work then.

https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Transitive_Dependencies

(although as this is OSGi, perhaps those system properties themselves
should have a version range?)

I'll change my 0 to +1 then.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 23/03/15 09:58, Reto Gmür wrote:
> Hi Stian,
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Not sure we can do lazy consensus voting on releases?

I'm glad to see that there are going to be enough votes for the release
by majority vote.

If the result message (without "lazy consensus" in the title), as
normal, mentions the 3 +1 binding, things should be good to go.

> I've seen it done in other projects:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201501.mbox/%3CCAOGo0VYGktw2QszaEX0MsXDz-0T0UzqwjBkJn=GfAcd8OuFvtQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

The only examples that I could find anywhere in ASF are that one and the
old way that Cordova used to release, which has now changed.

> I guess we could have a PMC vote if we think that's a good thing to do.

As background:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

which is policy page.

"""
Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval
-- i.e., at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release,
and there must be more positive than negative votes. Releases may not be
vetoed. Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download the signed
source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting
executable on their own platform, along with also verifying that the
package meets the requirements of the ASF policy on releases.
"""

"majority approval" is defined terminology.

PMC members have to take certain steps in a release vote.

	Andy

Posted by Reto Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Stian,

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.