Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/01/02 10:14:56 UTC

Re: automatic downloads

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Grace <gr...@mediacombb.net> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I need to find out how I can stop the automatic download of installation
> files on my computer for open office.  I have updated to a different word
> processing & spreadsheet software and don’t continually need an
> installation shortcut to pop up on my desktop.  How can I get this to stop?
>  I have been deleting in from my desktop and dumping my recycle bin.

this sounds strange and normally OO don't do automatic downloads. It would
be very interesting for us if you can tell us a little bit more

- which version of OOo do you use
- where have you download this version from

Whatever version you use, deleting from the desktop is not enough and you
have to uninstall the software to get rid of any artifacts on your system.
The original unmodified OOo does a clean uninstall.

Juergen