Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2007/02/15 17:46:35 UTC

How to open a new page which has no close button and no tool bar?

Hi all,

  My code look as follow:

  <t:commandLink action="openNewBrowser" immediate="true"
  value="Open New Browser" target="readMessageWindow">
</t:commandLink>

  I wonder how canI set properties so that the new page "readMessageWindow" has no tool bar such as forwart and backwort and has no close button?

---------------------------------
Was ist Glück? Schlafen Fische überhaupt? Die Antworten gibt’s auf Yahoo! Clever.

Re: How to open a new page which has no close button and no tool bar?

Posted by delbd <da...@oma.be>.
Thomas Chang a écrit :
> impossible? Then how can I catch the window close event in my (xhtml)
> page? What I realy want is: I click a commandLink to open a new page.
> If one close this new page, I will do something. So I want to catch
> this event in the new opened page.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas
Several note.
1) removing of toolbars and menu is not always appreciated by user. It's
like removing the right click ability.
2) Doing actions during window close event is subject to high jeopardy.
What happen if user just browse to another document? You get no close
event as window still opened. What to do if user turn off computer? What
to do if browser crash? What to do if parent frame was closed? What to
do if user turned off javascript?

If you really need a 'popup' the can not be closed without your
javascript knowing, do it the xhtml way, put a css driven internal frame
on top of the current page. It's not that difficult and is far easier
to manage in the end (there is no close button or any decoration around
an iframe).

Re: How to call a backing bean method from javascript?

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
You can use DWR

--
---
Thanks,

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/djmick_dot_com
http://www.thumpradio.com
---

How to call a backing bean method from javascript?

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.

---------------------------------

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi Tomas,

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

  Could you write it a little bit in detail? :) Or maybe you have an example?

  Thanks

  Thomas

        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                Hi,

Posted by "Wabner, Thomas (EXT)" <th...@siemens.com>.
Hi,

Was ist Glück? Schlafen Fische überhaupt? Die Antworten gibt's auf Yahoo! Clever <http://de.rd.yahoo.com/xx/searchpromo/i/tagline/cleverfp/*http:/de.answers.yahoo.com> .