Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2020/01/21 21:01:54 UTC

ApacheCon NA 2020

Hi all,

as most of you have probably heard, the CFP for ApacheCon NA 2020 is open:
https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp.
There will be again an IoT track.

So should we plan to propose one or two StreamPipes-related talks?

Maybe something like
  - an introductory talk, focused a little bit more on technical details and
community development (how to contribute) compared to last year?
  - a joint talk together with our friends from PLC4X (and maybe also IoTDB
and/or others) showing an integrated Apache (I)IoT use case?

Just some ideas, what do you think?

Dominik

Re: ApacheCon NA 2020

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well you can count me in for PLC4X ;-)

Chris

Am 22.01.20, 11:14 schrieb "Patrick Wiener" <wi...@apache.org>:

    Hi,

    I also like the idea of one joint talk with other projects from the Apache IoT world to showcase the interoperability of our projects.

    Speaking about ideas for the other talk:

    we broadly showcased what StreamPipes is and how one can leverage the processor toolbox to quickly built analytical pipelines last year.
    For the proposed talk this time, I quite like the idea to put focus on the analytics capabilities of StreamPipes along an IoT/IIoT related use
    case either with machine data (via PLC4X), robotic data (via ROS) etc e.g., with an assembly monitoring or anomaly detection use case.

    This could include the proposed outline that Philipp suggested. In addition, depending on the use case/demo part we could think about wether
    we also want to bring hardware to ACNA (RPi’s, Jetson boards). I quite enjoyed Chris talk on PLC4x and his IoT setup :)

    Patrick

Re: ApacheCon NA 2020

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,