Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/05/07 18:39:43 UTC

Jena migration to Apache top level project

Jena is moving to be a top level project at Apache:

As part of this, the project infrastructure is moving to be under
jena.apache.org

Unlike the move into the Apache incubator in the first place, much of
this is handled by redirections.

== Website

The website will move to jena.apache.org, and a redirection from the
incubator location will be left in-place.

== Mailing Lists

These will become
   users@jena.apache.org
   dev@jena.apache.org
   commits@jena.apache.org

but redirections from the old incubator names are in place.

== svn

The code has been moved to

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/

with the same layout as before.  You can use 'svn switch' on working
copies or check out a fresh copy.

e.g.

# All one line:
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/Fuseki/trunk/ jena-fuseki

We are discussing a reorganistion of svn within the new area.

== Maven repositories

We already release under a group/artifact name which is
org.apache.jena:... and this remains the same.

The version numbers of *new* code will drop the "-incubator" part.
Previous releases are unchanged.

	Andy

PS Personally I've checkout out fresh copies with:
(lines will be broken by email)

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/ARQ/trunk     jena-arq

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/Fuseki/trunk  jena-fuseki

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/IRI/trunk     jena-iri

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/jena/trunk    jena-core

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/JenaTop/trunk  jena-top

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/JenaZip/trunk
apache-jena

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/SDB/trunk jena-sdb

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/TDB/trunk  jena-tdb

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Jena2/LARQ/trunk jena-larq

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Scratch/Joseki/trunk
jena-joseki

Re: Jena migration to Apache top level project

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 07/05/12 20:31, Marco Neumann wrote:
> when will the move to jena.apache.org be complete?

"soon"

i.e. when someone has a few minutes to sort it out, remove the
"incubator" content, and check the CMS setup.

Until then:

http://incubator.apache.org/jena

continues to work.

	Andy

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.

--

---
Marco Neumann

Join us at SemTech Biz in San Francisco June 3-7 2012 and save 15%
with the lotico community discount code 'STMN'
http://www.lotico.com/evt/SemTechSF2012/