Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com> on 2014/04/08 15:18:35 UTC

AS top add

Hi
   I would like to tank all these how have helped me almost to the the answer,  I have reduced this down to a simple problems, if this MXML works the <s:br/>  adds a line

<s:p id="p1">

<s:span id="s1">

<s:text>

Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet turducken pancetta short ribs tail anim pig.

In pastrami in, ball tip flank shankle beef ribs spare ribs deserunt pancetta esse cupidatat aliquip venison pork chop.

Pork loin commodo corned beef ullamco culpa dolore occaecat, capicola adipisicing ribeye bresaola sunt est.

Commodo labore culpa ut, sausage ad meatloaf adipisicing.

</s:text>

</s:span>

<s:br/>

</s:p>

how do i do the same with AS, this is want i have been working with , no luck

private function addCRLF():void{

var span:SpanElement = new SpanElement();

/*  span.text = "CRLF";  <s:br/>  */

span.text = "&#13;"

p.addChild(span);

_textFlow.addChild(p)

}

________________________________

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

RE: AS top add

Posted by ma...@usmc.mil.
+1 to your use of Bacon Ipsum... [1]

-Mark

[1] http://baconipsum.com/

Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet turducken pancetta short ribs tail anim pig.

In pastrami in, ball tip flank shankle beef ribs spare ribs deserunt pancetta esse cupidatat aliquip venison pork chop.

Pork loin commodo corned beef ullamco culpa dolore occaecat, capicola adipisicing ribeye bresaola sunt est.

Commodo labore culpa ut, sausage ad meatloaf adipisicing.

RE: AS top add

Posted by ma...@usmc.mil.
Maybe change up to use something that supports htmlText? [1][2]  and it seems to be using " <br>" without the slash.

this.createTextField("my_txt", this.getNextHighestDepth(), 10, 10, 160, 22);
my_txt.html = true;
my_txt.htmlText = "<b> this is bold text </b>";

[1] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/text/TextField.html#htmlText
[2] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Flash_10.0/help.html?content=00001601.html

-Mark

Re: AS top add