Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/03/15 15:46:39 UTC

Monitoring user submitted jobs

Hi all,

I'm implementing a new screen (for the WorkEffort application) that will
allow to the logged in user to see the status of the jobs submitted by
him/her as async (for example a print job or a long process such as an
MRP simulation).
The screen will be initially pretty simple: a form showing a subset of
the records from the JobSandbox entity.
My question is: how can I filter the jobs by the user that submitted them?
Should I use the "runAsUser" field?
Should we add a new field: JobSandbox.submittedByUserLogin ?

Jacopo

Re: Monitoring user submitted jobs

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Adding a field for the userLoginId that authorized the service would
be a good idea. I think the runAsUser is an alternative to this, but
maybe not always filled in.

The other option would be to parse it out of the service context as
there should be a userLogin attribute in the context, but that would
be a PAIN, so yeah, a field for it would be great, perhaps something
like "authUserLoginId" to make it more clear where it comes from, as
it's the attribute required to be there if auth="true" on the service
def.

-David