Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roger <ro...@mirasol.co.za> on 2006/03/13 16:22:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Running Apache 2.0.NN

I recently installed the latest stable version of Apache onto my machine
running Fedora Core Linux.

I then had two versions of Apache running, i.e the one that comes with
the Operating System by default and the latest version.

To reduce conflicts i was doing : service httpd stop and then i would
do : /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start.

I have now disabled httpd permanently using : chkconfig --del httpd.

what i would like is now to make sure
that /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start , starts up automatically
whenever i restart my machine, as i have disabled httpd, i dont want to
start Apache Manually.

Can someone please explain to me in clear steps as i am also new to
Linux and am starting to really find my way around it.

Thanks.

Roger