Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2014/04/02 13:14:54 UTC

ASF April Fools Day Prank

The best prank of the year with a Geek Parliamentarian Twist or as Greg
Stein, put it:

    hehehe... it was a well-coordinated attack. I'm very proud of our
    "team"!!

    Reading back through the issue... just so much fun. Tech stuff going
    back and forth. Jim getting pissed off. Oh, and his "phone calls"
    meme was awesome. Rich joining in, and Ross going all Presidential
    on my ass. Meanwhile, Infra tugged along with a couple "whatever"
    comments from pctony :-P ... The svn team was fabulous. Throwing in
    the right measure of pushback against The Man, against Infra, and
    also working through technical issues.

    Amidst the churn in the issue(*), we also sent out a number of
    tweets. Including some very "corporate-speak" ones out of our TheASF
    account. All these different voices, and multiple people... totally
    worked.

    The ruse was complete. *so* many people got sucked in.

    Great work, people!!

    Cheers,
    -g

    (*) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7524