Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Yang, Gang CTR USARMY (US)" <ga...@mail.mil> on 2015/01/15 22:05:44 UTC

Component dependency resolution issue

Hi,

I have to admit that I'm new to ServiceMix, but this such a simple bundle does not work and would appreciate it if someone can help out.

I'm using ServiceMix 5.3.0. My simple bundle contains a simplest HelloWord JAX-WS and a CXF Endpoint on the client side to access the HelloWord service. A route is defined for the CXF Endpoint to receive the request message content from a file and direct the response message content to another file. At least, this is the indent.

However, after deploying this bundle into the ServiceMix deploy folder, I got the following log:

2015-01-15 15:48:58,314 | INFO  | mix-5.3.0/deploy | fileinstall                      | ?
    ? | 6 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.4.2 | Installing bundle Jaxws-Cxf-Camel / 15.1.30.0
2015-01-15 15:48:58,361 | INFO  | mix-5.3.0/deploy | BlueprintContainerImpl           | ?
    ? | 17 - org.apache.aries.blueprint.core - 1.4.1 | Bundle Jaxws-Cxf-Camel is waiting for dependencies [(&(component=
camel-cxf)(objectClass=org.apache.camel.spi.ComponentResolver))]
2015-01-15 15:48:58,361 | INFO  | mix-5.3.0/deploy | fileinstall                      | ?
    ? | 6 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.4.2 | Started bundle: file:/C:/Java/apache-servicemix-5.3.0/deploy/Jaxws-Cx
f-Camel-15.01.30.0.jar

and the bundle is put in the "GracePeriod" state. If I interpreted the log correctly, it seems to say that the dependency org.apache.camel.spi.ComponentResolver in component camel-cxf is not available. Am I right?

In fact that I did check my Maven repository that it's the org.apache.camel:camel-core that contains the class org.apache.camel.spi.ComponentResolver. Why is the framework pointing to camel-cxf component?

My simple bundle did contain org.apache.camel.spi package in the Import-Package. Furthermore, I did check that both camel-cxf and camel-core are "Active" under the "state" column and camel-cxf has a "Created" under the "Blueprint" column while camel-core is blank. What am I doing wrong?

The following is the content of my blueprint.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<blueprint

    xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"

    xmlns:jaxws="http://cxf.apache.org/blueprint/jaxws"

    xmlns:camel-cxf="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint/cxf"

    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0 http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd

                                   http://cxf.apache.org/blueprint/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/blueprint/jaxws.xsd">

    <jaxws:endpoint id="helloWorld2"

         implementor="mil.army.security.ts3.samples.osgi.jaxws.cxf.HelloWorld2Impl"

        address="/TS3HelloWorld2">

    </jaxws:endpoint>

    <camel-cxf:cxfEndpoint xmlns:ts3="http://cxf.jaxws.osgi.samples.ts3.security.army.mil/"

        id="helloWorld2Client"

        address="http://localhost:8181/cxf/HelloWorld2"

        wsdlURL="wsdl/HelloWorld2.wsdl"

        serviceName="ts3:HelloWorldImplService"

        endpointName="ts3:HelloWorldImplPort">

        <camel-cxf:properties>

            <entry key="dataFormat" value="PAYLOAD"/>

        </camel-cxf:properties>

    </camel-cxf:cxfEndpoint>

    <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">

        <route>

            <from uri="file://c:/temp?fileName=HelloWorld2Request.xml"/>

            <inOut uri="camel-cxf:bean:helloWorld2Client"/>

           <to uri="file://c:/temp?fileName=HelloWorld2Response.xml"/>

        </route>

    </camelContext>

</blueprint>

Thanks in advance,

Gang

RE: Component dependency resolution issue

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR USARMY (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Hi, Gert,

Thanks for the reply. It now makes sense that each component may provide its own implementation of ComponentResolver interface to resolve its own dependencies.

I check my system. camel-cxf features is installed. The camel-cxf component/bundle is also installed and has the "Active" under "State" and "Created" under "Blueprint" and blank under "Spring". I don't understand the meaning of these states and columns. Does "Created" under "Blueprint" mean that camel-cxf is not ready for service if I use Blueprint? Is there a document on these display?

You hit the root of the problem by pointing to the URI. The URI was wrong - I was copy-pasting from a Spring XML configuration, where I globally substituted "cxf", which is Spring's element, to "camel-cxf", which is used by Blueprint for the same. This accidentally also changed the URI from "cxf:bean:<cxfEndpoint>" to "camel-cxf:bean:<cxfEndpoint>"! After fixing the URI, I got over this hurtle - it pass the deployment. Now I'm seeing some running exceptions. I'll deal with it.

Yes, you are right. camel-cxf in my system is also 182 and it offers the same URIs and the resolver as you illustrated.

Thanks again!
Gang
Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gang,